Requirements to Obtain a Marriage License
INFORMATION ON APPLYING FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
This site allows you to submit information for "ON-LINE" marriage application to the Blair County Orphans Court, Marriage License Bureau office. Your application is NOT complete until you appear in the office of the Orphans Court, Marriage License Bureau with the required documents and fee.
BEFORE YOU START PLEASE NOTE:
- See list of requirements below.
- PA Consolidated Statute Title 23 requires a 3-day waiting period upon applicants' appearance in the Marriage License Bureau.
- Application must be made within 60 days of the wedding date
- Marriage licenses are valid for 60 days from the issuance and may be used anywhere in the State of PA
- DO NOT APPLY unless you are within 60 days of your wedding date.
- Both parties must be aged 18 or over
- Valid government issued ID (state drivers license, passport, or military ID)
- $54.00 fee. Cash Only.
- If you have been married before you will need a CERTIFIED COPY of your DIVORCE DECREE with a Judge's signature, or A Death Certificate (date of death) (this applies to ALL couples that have been previously married)
Location/ Hours: Clerk of Orphans Court 423 Allegheny St. Ste 144 Hollidaysburg PA 16648 814-693-3080 Monday / Friday application time 8:00AM - 3:30PM
Please turn-off any web viewer pop-up blockers before you start.
COMPLETION OF APPLICATION INFORMATION:
When you are ready to complete the application and submit to the county, click on the ACCEPT at the bottom of this screen. You can then begin entering your information. You must complete the information and submit it to the Marriage License Bureau OR save the information for a later time.
- Important: Non-English speaking applicants, to ensure accurate applications, must make arrangements to have a court approved translator present during the application. In addition all foreign language documents are required to be translated in English prior to application. If you require assistance with this service or the names of such providers, please call the Marriage License Bureau at 814-693-3080.
MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATION DISCLAIMER
Applicants are advised that persons who have been ordained over the internet may not be persons permitted to perform marriages in Pennsylvania. A recent Court decision held that persons ordained over the internet are not ministers as defined in the marriage law of Pennsylvania if they do not regularly preach to a congregation that regularly meets at a place of worship. You are advised to consult an attorney concerning the legality of such marriages.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: If you choose to be married by someone other than officiates specifically listed and authorized by Pennsylvania law, the burden of proof regarding the legality (or lack thereof) of your marriage will be upon you should future issues arise that requires a determination of the marriage's validity.
Effective January 1, 2006 COMMON LAW marriage is no longer valid in Pennsylvania
AS OF JUNE 1997, BLOOD TESTS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED
Blair County Courthouse
423 Allegheny Street
Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
Clerk of orphans' court
Robin G. Patton,
second Deputy, Clerk of orphans' court
Jeffrey A. Muriceak,
8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday
Marriage Application Office Hours
8:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday