Juvenile Probation Office
Blair County Juvenile Probation
To ensure youth grow up in communities and not systems. We do this by working with youth and their families through supervision and care from evidence-based practices which provide:
- Victim Awareness/Community Protection
- In assisting youth in learning skills to understand their actions and how their actions have caused harm to the victim and/or the community.
- Youth Redemption
- In assisting youth by modeling positive behaviors and attempting to transfer skills to youth so that they may restore victim losses, used newly acquired skills to change negative behaviors into positive ones, and re-enter the community as productive members of society.
- The Blair County Juvenile Probation Office also promotes the development of competencies to enable youth to become responsible and productive members of the community.
- Victim Restoration
- By assisting victims in receiving restitution that is owed due to delinquent actions of youth that may not be covered by insurance which directly results from a crime.
- Recidivism Reduction
- By preventing youth from re-entering the Juvenile Justice System through evidence-based practices.
What We Do Here at Blair County Juvenile Probation:
Blair County Juvenile Probation is striving for a Juvenile Justice System that is mission-driven around the principles of Balanced and Restorative Justice (BARJ) through the adoption of the Juvenile Justice System Enhancement Strategy (JJSES).
JUVENILE PROBATION OFFICE
423 Allegheny Street
Hollidaysburg, PA 16648