Sheriff sales are held on the second Wednesday of each month.
The 2016 schedule is as follows:
JANUARY 13, 2016 - ROOM 2B
FEBRUARY 10, 2016 - ROOM 2B
MARCH 9, 2016 - ROOM 2B
APRIL 13, 2016 - ROOM 2B
MAY 11, 2016 - ROOM 2B
JUNE 15, 2016 - 2B
JULY 13, 2016 - 2B
AUGUST 10, 2016 - 2B
SEPTEMBER 14, 2016 - 2B
OCTOBER 12, 2016 - 2B
NOVEMBER 16, 2016 - 2B
DECEMBER 14, 2016 - 2B
Sales begin at 10:00 am on the days listed above. Check back for the sale listings, they are updated on the thursday after the sale for the next month and will continue to be updated throughout until the sale. Please click on the link below to access the property listings.
Please note: These sales are not tax sales! They are normally the result of mortage forclosure. If you are interested in purchasing a home/property from a Sheriff Sale, here a few things to keep in mind:
- We strongly suggest legal counsel
- Do your own title search, we do not have any kind of guarantee of the deed.
- If you purchase property that has any liens/taxes/etc., you will be responsible for them.
- 10% down payment by CERTIFIED CHECK is due by 3:00 on the sale date.
- The balance is due the following Wednesday by 12:00pm, if you are unable to come up with the remaining balance, your deposit will be forfeited.
- The bank always has legal counsel at the sales, therefore you will be bidding against the bank.
- If you are the purchaser of the property, there is a 2% realty transfer tax and 2% sheriff fee on top of the cost. This will be calculated after the sale.
- All sales are posted on the board by the Sheriff's office and are advertised in the Altoona Mirror and Legal Bulletin the last 3 Thursdays of the prior month before the sale.
- Our office does not show the property, we are not a real estate agency. We do not do inspections of the property or give any guarantees on the condition of any property.
- If the home is occupied, it is the new owner's responsibility to go through legal proceedings to have them removed.
- The office staff is very busy, any legal questions should be directed to your attorney. OUR OFFICE IS UNABLE TO ANSWER LEGAL QUESTIONS OF ANY NATURE.
For additional information not provided please contact our office at 814-693-3100.