* Bidding is now open for the Woodbury Township Sewer Lateral Project. The County of Blair is requesting
sealed proposals for the installation and connection of sewer laterals to 21 households located in the
Williamsburg area. Bids will be received until 3:00 pm, prevailing local time on Thursday, April 24, 2013
at the office of the Blair County Planning Commission in the Blair County Courthouse, 423 Allegheny
Street, Suite 046, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648. Late bids will not be accepted and will be returned to the
sender, unopened. If there are any questions regarding the bidding process please call Trina M. Illig at
814-693-2080 ext. 5.
A complete bid packet is available by clicking here.
* The Blair County Planning Commission and Logan Township are offering free floodplain management training through a series of six sessions as outlined below. These sessions are developed and presented
by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and offered to Pennsylvania citizens through the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency. The target audience is municipal officials, planners, engineers and codes officers; however, anyone with interest is welcome to attend. Each session begins
at 10 AM, lasts approximately 90 minutes, and will be held at the Logan Township Municipal Complex.
The topics and dates are as follow.
- May 6th Letters of Map Change Fundamentals
- May 7th Building Codes and Floodplain Management
- May 13th Substantial Improvement
- May 14th Substantial Damage
- May 28th Managing Zone A Floodplains
- May 29th Reviewing and Interpreting Elevation Certificates
If you are interested in attending any of these courses, please contact the Blair County Planning Commission at 814-693-2080 and select either option 0 or option 3.
Course descriptions can be viewed by clicking here.