For special COVID-19 information related to Sheriff's Sales please review the linked document: Click Here.
Sheriff sales are held on the second Wednesday of each month.
The 2018 schedule is as follows:
JANUARY 10, 2018
FEBRUARY 14, 2018
MARCH 7, 2018
APRIL 11, 2018
MAY 9, 2018
JUNE 13, 2018
JULY 11, 2018
AUGUST 8, 2018
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
OCTOBER 10, 2018
NOVEMBER 14, 2018
DECEMBER 12, 2018
Please click on link below to see the full schedule for the Sheriff Sale.
2018 Sheriff Sale Schedule
Please take note as to the scheduling change. We are moving from a monthly sale format to a quarterly sale format.
Sales begin at 10:00 am on the days listed above. Please feel free to stop in to our office for a current copy of the Sheriff Sale Listings, they are updated on the Thursday after the sale for the next month and will continue to be updated throughout until the sale. Please click on the link below to access the property listings.
Please note: These sales are not tax sales! They are normally the result of mortgage foreclosure. If you are interested in purchasing a home/property from a Sheriff Sale, here a few things to keep in mind:
- We strongly suggest legal counsel
- Do your own title search, we do not have any kind of guarantee of the deed.
- If you purchase property that has any liens/taxes/etc., you will be responsible for them.
- 10% down payment by CERTIFIED CHECK is due by 3:00 on the sale date.
- The balance is due the following Wednesday by 12:00pm, if you are unable to come up with the remaining balance, your deposit will be forfeited.
- The bank always has legal counsel at the sales, therefore you will be bidding against the bank.
- All sales are posted on the board by the Sheriff's office and are advertised in the Altoona Mirror and Blair County Legal Bulletin the last three (3) Thursdays of the prior month before the sale.
- Our office does not show the property, we are not a real estate agency. We do not do inspections of the property or give any guarantees on the condition of any property.
- If the home is occupied, it is the new owner's responsibility to go through legal proceedings to have them removed.
- The office staff is very busy, any legal questions should be directed to your attorney. OUR OFFICE IS UNABLE TO ANSWER LEGAL QUESTIONS OF ANY NATURE.
CONTACT THE BLAIR COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT AT THE NUMBER LISTED BELOW FOR CURRENT SALE INFORMATION
For additional information not provided please contact our office at 814-693-3100.